Monday, March 15, 2010

Families Are Forever


All the way home from Utah, in which we spent this last weekend, I was thinking how much I love my family and the difference that they make in my life {and that one day I will have my own little family in which I will have a duty and responsibility to make a difference in their lives!} I know this is a long quote but I couldn't cut any of it out.

"When families are functioning as designed by God, the relationships found therein are the most valued of mortality. The plan of the Father is that family love and companionship will continue into the eternities. Being one in a family carries a great responsibility of caring, loving, lifting, and strengthening each member of the family so that all can righteously endure to the end in mortality and dwell together throughout eternity. It is not enough just to save ourselves. It is equally important that parents, brothers, and sisters are saved in our families. If we return home alone to our Heavenly Father, we will be asked, “Where is the rest of the family?” This is why we teach that families are forever. The eternal nature of an individual becomes the eternal nature of the family." -Elder Robert D. Hales

I love that quote & for the peace and knowledge that being an eternal family brings me. I began thinking that, to me, spending time with family is a lot like the constant crashing of waves on the seashore. The shore never tires of the ocean's waves washing up and down the seashore because the shore only gets more polished, more beautiful and more renewed each and every time.

I love my family and the motivation and renewing spirit that I come away with every time I get to see and spend time with them. I feel of their love and support and it simply washes away my troubles and gives me added meaning and strength to go about my days. I learn so much from each and everyone of them.

The actions and even the countenances of others really do make a difference in our lives. The time we have with our family is precious. Each experience with our family however significant, however small etch forever memories in our hearts. Family is so much more than a luck of the draw placement of a random group of people.

I know that each of us has come to the family we have for a reason and purpose. We each have a certain place in God's plan and mission to fulfill in touching the lives of others. Friends and neighbors come and go but family is forever. It is no coincidence that my Heavenly Father has allowed me to cross paths with such an amazing group of people.

Each and everyone of my family members is an angel to me because of their constant and everlasting encouragement and unconditional love. Family is just a little piece of heaven on earth. Eternity may be a long time but I am confident each of us is willing to walk to the end of the world and back for one another. We may not all be perfect but I wouldn't have my family any other way! Thanks fam for brightening my life and lifting me on my way....you have given me great examples to follow and carry on to my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment